Follow Me on Pinterest

2007-09-17

Association for Science in Autism Treatment

ASAT has included new content in the website. There is such important information there, but I would like to highlight the Summaries of Scientific Research on ABA Teaching Procedures. There are several strategies listed and in each link, a brief description of the procedure and some references. Worth checking!
I said that I would probably update the links more than the posts...but there are such competent people with the resources to update frequently that why not. But I will write. I have had an article on Incidental Teaching on my desk since my first post, to which I look every night hoping for a little bit of time to post. Soon! I have spent the last 1.5 years so immersed in the Discrete-Trials Teaching (DTT) training literature, preparing and conducting my thesis, in which I evaluated the self-instructional manual that we wrote (Daniela Fazzio & Garry Martin) to train students, tutors, and parents to conduct DTT with children with autism. I will post on the thesis and the book (now in its second edition and being evaluated in two theses this term) soon. But, back to the Incidental Teaching, after so much DTT, I am dying to develop a similar package to train instructors on Incidental Teaching. It is so crucial!